About an hour after I took this picture of the albums and CDs that came in the past week, the mail arrived. More boxes. Always a good thing – so much to sift through and digest and just consume. I’ve been on various kicks pouring through Ty Segall and the records from the awesome Dischord label (including the First Six Records boxset I haven’t listened to yet), so there’s a lot of that represented here. But there’s so much more, so this quick blog entry is just a placeholder marking off what came in and what’s on deck fro the next few weeks. The plan is go back to shorter, impressionistic reviews to get all this listened to and logged.
Any chance to enjoy some music, you know?
So here’s what we got, in no discernible order:
- Ty Segall Band – Slaughterhouse
- Ty Segall – Fried Shallots EP
- Ty Segall – Twins
- Ty Segall – $ingle$ 2
- Fugazi – 7 Songs EP
- Fugazi – Repeater
- Fugazi – Steady Diet of Nothing
- Fugazi – End Hits
- Fugazi – The Argument
- Rites of Spring – End on End
- Q and Not U – No Kill No Beep Beep
- Sweeping Promises – Hunger For a Way Out
- Smarts – Who Needs Smarts, Anyway?
- Guerilla Toss – Famously Alive
- The Psychic Paramount – II
- Trouble Funk – Straight Up Funk Go-Go Style
- Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band – Strictly Personal
- Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band – It Comes To You in a Plain Brown Wrapper
- Banco del Mutuo Soccorso – Darwin!
- Banco del Mutuo Soccorso – Banco del Mutuo Soccorso
- Die Cheerleader – Son of Filth
- David Bowie – Who Can I Be Now (1974-1976)
- Jethro Tull – This Was (50th Anniversary Set)
- Captain Beyond – Captain Beyond
There’s probably a few things I’m missing here, but that’s the majority of it. So…lot’s on deck. Let me know what’s come through for you lately and I’ll see you as soon as I can crawl out from under this slag of great music.